This paint gauge is the ultimate tool to measure the thickness of paints and coatings on metals. It is a combination gauge with two sensors, one for magnetic metals (iron, steel) and one for non-magnetic metals (aluminum, stainless steel). The gauge will automatically switch to the right sensor. We now stock the new improved 2016 model.
- -Automotive Trade , This is a great tool for car dealerships, used car buyers, appraisers, insurance agents, body shops and collision centers. It will allow you to measure the paint thickness and to identify parts of the car that might have been repaired and repainted. This might indicate previous, unreported accidents which impact the value of a used car, minivan or truck.
- -Industrial and Manufacturing, Check if the protective coating or paint on machine parts, buildings or on incoming raw material is of the correct thickness.
- Factory calibrated, measures precisely right out of the box
- Simple switch between mils or microns
- Large LCD flip-display, easy to read in any position
- Accurate readout in just 1 second
- Memory records the last 10 measurements
- New: stable fabric case with belt loop
- 4 calibration films
- calibration target iron, aluminum
- 1 year warranty!
- Measurement Range: 0 – 40 mil / 0 – 1000 µm (micron)
- Accuracy: ± (0.1 mils + 3%) / ± (2 µm + 3%)
- Memory: 10 measurements
- Weight: 72g
- Dimensions: 10.7 x 4.5 x 2.5 cm